Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 1 - My 30 Day eBay Challenge

Can an eBay Trading Assistant/PowerSeller

Spend 3 hours a Day

For 30 Days

Listing at Least 300 Items

And Sell $3000 worth of STUFF?



Day 1

First set back, Luke my 9 year old is home sick. It’s either a bit of stomach flu or a little too much Halloween. The excitement of the weekend is over, but now I have a sick boy on the coach in the living room. Hope he feels better soon!


8:37AM I have sold 3 Nike T-shirts @ $15 each with Best Offer. Just accepted another Best Offer on a Christmas Relish Tray for $20. $65 so far this morning. $3000 doesn’t seem so daunting right at this moment.


I have 6 things to package and ship today. They range from an autographed Tennis Shoe from US tennis star Bettanie Mattek to a collectible bone china Tea Cup by Aynsley. Also sold a giant set of The Littlest Pet Shop toys and game that belonged to my niece Angela. I’ll be splitting the profits with her! I know she’ll be happy to start adding money towards her Washington DC trip next spring!


10:10AM Received another Best Offer, this time for $10 for a wireless HP computer keyboard. Still have 2 more packages to ship. Luke is finally asleep after a few more bouts to the toilet.


11:30AM Finished the last label for the last paid item. Luke is still throwing up. It’s not going to be a productive listing day. I want to give him some 7-Up, but we’ll see if it stays down. I am out of tape, bubble wrap, peanuts, and printer paper, but I have lots of boxes. I need to switch gears and get ready for my The Basics of Selling on eBay class tonight. I have internet and a projector for the computer.


1:36 PM Received another Best Offer on a Halloween Pumpkin Spice Scented Candle.

I’ll take it! Getting package ready to hand off to the Postman as he drives by. Up to $79.99 in sales so far today. A couple of auctions end today.


6:15PM Getting ready to teach my eBay class. Looking forward to a small group! Should be a blast! Talking eBay!!!!


9:45PM Only one student for the class, but a really nice gal from Tiburon. She’s excited to begin selling.


Day One Recap: 2 additional auctions ended at $9.99 each plus $79.99 in Best Offers. Total sales: $99.97. Good day! No listings because of sick boy home from school. Shooting for getting lots of listing done on Tuesday! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment