Friday, October 29, 2010

2 Day Countdown to Begin 30 Day eBay Challenge

I listed some of the Disney mugs today. More going up over the weekend. Sales were slow again today. I did get a good price however, on a used Youth Aluminum Bat. Click here to see how much it sold for. Purchase price: $4.49 at the Goodwill in San Rafael.


I love looking for used Sporting Goods equipment, especially wooden or vintage tennis rackets. As a tennis pro, I always had extra rackets and lots of old tennis balls. I have sold DEAD tennis balls on eBay for years. Here’s the link to the box of 50 dead tennis balls I sold yesterday on eBay. July was a really big month for selling dead, used tennis balls. I figure I sold around 1000 total, all in boxes of 50. People love to buy them for their dogs to play fetch with at the park.


As I get ready for the 30 Day eBay Challenge that begins on November 1st, I am planning my listing strategy. Things new in boxes, higher priced items, Holiday themed items are 3 important considerations if I want to get to the $3000 sale mark.


Another area, where I have lots of STUFF is Barbra Streisand memorabilia. It was announced that Barbra is going to be on Oprah, November 16th, 2010. Barbra will be plugging her new architectural book as well as the upcoming Focker movie. She is supposed to sing a song as well. In the days when I had The i love barbra Catalog, mail order was the only game in town. I printed 200 copies a week, collated, folded, stapled and stamped each one. There was no eBay and Streisand memorabilia was hard to come by. I sold items to fans worldwide. Now with eBay, many of the same fans, are downsizing collections and the Streisand memorabilia is readily available. There are 11, 873 items when you search on “Streisand” today. I make a note to list as much as I can this November to take advantage of Barbra’s appearances and projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment