Wednesday, October 27, 2010

4 Day Countdown to Begin 30 Day eBay Challenge

Today’s big event didn’t have anything to do with eBay. My son stayed home from school with a sore throat. His mild illness didn’t stop him from calling my name as many times as one could count on both hands and feet! I told him that from 12 noon to 1pm I was going to be unavailable. I took part in a webinar about Sourcing Products That Sell, with Lisa Suttora and Lynn Dralle. Luke was pretty good and only came in twice during that phone call.


The webinar was awesome! I follow many people in the eBay and online selling world, trying to pick up tips whenever I can from successful folks. Anyone who knows me now-adays, knows I mention The Queen of Auctions almost daily. I met Lynn Dralle at our Bay Area eBay Seller’s Meet-Up Group right before eBay on Location in San Jose this past September. She is such a hoot! Very driven and inspiring and quite approachable. You have to check her eBay store out! She has 4,948 items in her store as I write this. I have only a meesily 873! I better get cracking to catch up!


I had an earlier opportunity to talk with Lynn by phone last Spring. Actually I WON a 20 minute phone consultation by submitting my short video on Tips I Learned from The Queen of Auctions, otherwise known as “The Wackiest Thing I Ever Sold on eBay”. If you haven’t seen this video yet, you just won’t believe what I once sold. That was way back in the early days of eBay and it helped make me the eBay fanatic I am today! Here is the YouTube link to that short video! Listen carefully to the soundtrack playing in the background to give you a hint!


It’s been a slow day for my sales today on eBay. I am hoping they pick up if I start listing more items. I did sell a fondue set, click here to see for how much! I sold this for my sister who moved and is downsizing. My commission as a trading assistant is 50/50%. She’s happy to see a little cash, unload some household items, and I am happy to help. More about my ebay Trading Assistant selling in future posts!


I also sold a Pokeman hand towel! I sold this for another friend, so it didn’t cost me anything up front to buy.


My brother Don and I have been getting our outline/script ready for the filming of the 30 Day eBay Challenge documentary. It should be fun. I’ll keep you posted.


Back to the sick boy. We had one errand to do today, so the Jamba Juice I bought for him should make him feel a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment